Thursday, February 28, 2019

Relationship Between Critical Thinking and Ethics Essay

Critical thinking and morality tend to go script in hand and be both used on a daily basis in our finis-making process. Our personal ethics entrust flirt a part in our scathing thinking and its metres. Part of the unfavourable thinking process is to evaluate all of the information we have gleaned. ethical motive impart automatically insert themselves into that process. As we evaluate the information, our ethics pull up stakes determine which information is accurate and which information best fits our approveable genus lense Inventory. This relationship will lead to a creation that is within the backcloth of our ethics.Understanding the RelationshipTo fully understand the relationship between critical thinking and ethics we must understand critical thinking and its steps, our Ethical Lens Inventory, how ethics influences our decisions and how ethics applies to our professional and societal responsibilities.Critical thought processCritical thinking is taking in all of the facts available to you and evaluating those facts to achieve a concise decision. There are six steps in the critical thinking process. The first step is remembering. Remembering is the base for the appraise on five steps. Remembering is the force to recall key expatiate and facts on the information you have reviewed. The second step is understanding. Understanding is the ability for you to retort what you remembered and put it in your words. The third step is applying. Applying is the ability take the information and create a product or result. The fourth step is analyzing. Analyzing is the ability to break down your idea into parts. The fifth step is evaluating. Evaluating is taking the information you have and rating its truthfulness and usefulness. The sixth step is creating. Creating is the end of all the previous steps to produce aresult.Ethical Lens InventoryMy Ethical Lens Inventory is Rights and Responsibility. I use my argument skill to determine my duties as wel l as the universal rules that severally person should follow. My blind spot is the belief that motives justify methods. In this way, I tend non to use emotion but rather checkout emotionally detached when applying ethics. People around me tend to think of me as callous and emotionless when making an ethical decision. Sometimes this sess cow or upset them, even though this is not my intention. Once pile around me begin to understand my ethical lens inventory, they tend to respect me more and stop being frightened or upset.How My Personal ethical motive Influence My Decision MakingMy personal ethics influences every decision I make. My personal ethics were acquired throughout my aliveness and have compel a part of who I am. They were instilled upon me through mentors, friends, loved ones and life experiences. none were forced upon me, and I made the conscious decision through these actions to involve what best suited me. Because of this, more often than not when making a deci sion my personal ethics are automatically inserted just as if I had taken a breath. My personal ethics helps me when making a decision by providing a guideline to the outcome of the decision, however this is not always the case. There are certain times and situations where I will consciously bend my personal ethics. However I bend them they delay within reason.How Ethics Apply to Professional and Societal Responsibilities Ethics government agency a great deal when we apply them to our professional and personal life. When pack see the decisions we make and how we conduct ourselves they form opinions about us. This opinion can lead them to believe we are a good co-worker, boss, friend or lover. With poor ethics this can have an opposite effect. There are people who do not have good ethics, or occupy to ignore them, who may try to influence our ethics. Being confessedly to your ethics will only strengthen your resolve. Applying ethics in your professional life can lead you to be s uccessful. The same can be true when applying ethics to your societal life. Consistency plays a significant role in this. You must remain consistent when applying your ethics. Failure to do so will lead some to think you do not have a goodethical standard.

No comments:

Post a Comment